- Apple Green
- Aqua Blue
- Cherry Red
- Chocolate Brown
- Forest Green
- Panther Black
- Princess Pink
- Royal Blue
- Sassy Purple
- Tangerine Orange
- Convaid Safari 12"
- Convaid Safari 12" - Transit Ready
- Convaid Safari 14"
- Convaid Safari 14" - Transit Ready
- Convaid Safari 16"
- Convaid Safari 16" - Transit Ready
- Convaid Safari 18"
- Convaid Safari 18" - Transit Ready
The Safari features include an extended range of tilt for feeding, stabilizing and comfort; adjustable recline; and a flat planar seat for solid support.
Pediatric Tilt Wheelchair with Recline & Compact Fold!
The Safari Tilt Transit Option – For children who must remain in their wheelchair during travel, a Convaid, compact-folding, transit wheelchair that meets WC19 standards is the safest choice. The Transit Option can be ordered on almost any Convaid wheelchair. The Convaid Transit Chair is a convenient, compact-folding wheelchair that is RESNA-WC19 compliant and has been “crash-tested” to proper industry standards. The Transit Option is ideal for transport on the bus to school, day programs, or field trips. The Transit Option requires the chair come equipped with 4 bright red anchors, headrest extension, positioning belt and foot positioners. All Convaid Safari Tilt wheelchairs with a "T" in the model name, are WC19 Transit Ready and can be used as seating in a bus or van.
Wheelchair options include multi-positioning, elevating legrests; height-adjustable, swing-away footplates; height-adjustable, flip-up armrests; and toggle wheel locks, for extra safety. The 4" seat-depth adjustment allows for your child's growth, and the attractive Cordura fabric removes for machine washing, providing you with years of use.
Lightweight Pediatric Wheelchair – Set Your Wheels In Motion!
All Convaid Safari Tilt Wheelchairs have earned a HCPCS code of E1232 because they have been classified as Tilt-in-Space, pediatric, compact-folding wheelchairs.
Simple adjustments to the Safari Wheelchair allow you to extend the life of the chair for your growing child, teen, or young adult. The Convaid Safari Tilt has several options available - Recline opens the seat-to-back angle, Anatomic back provides extra back and lumbar support.
New Improved Wheels
Standard on the Convaid Safari Tilt, these high quality, lightweight foam filled tires with sealed precision double bearings, quick release rear axles, and precision wheel locks. The style of tire on your folding portable wheelchair is very important. It determines maneuverability, the smoothness of the ride, and the amount of maintenance required. With these high quality, lightweight foam filled 7.5" x 2" Front, 11.5" x 2.5" Rear Solid Tires, you can be sure that you will get a durable tire, which provides a comfortable ride!
- 5 - 45º of adjustable tilt provides pressure relief & upper body support
- 90 - 135º of recline opens the seat angle for improved digestion & respiration
- Solid seat cushion promotes stability
- Unique umbrella style fold - fold & go!
- Wider wheels provide added stability & comfort for your child or teen
- In-depth positioning options provide optimal support
- Transit models adhere to national safety standards - safe to use in a bus or van!
- 5 - 45 Degrees of Adjustable Tilt
- Silver Powder Coated Frame
- 2-Point Positioning Belt
- 7.5" x 2" Front, 11.5" x 2.5" Rear Solid Tires
- Quick Release Rear Wheels
- Heavy-Duty Back Upholstery
- Support Cushion with Solid Seat Insert
- One Piece, Non-Folding/Non-Elevating Footplate
- Closure Strap
- Toggle Wheel Locks
- Seat Depth Growth of 5"
- Made in the USA
- Seat Width: 12, 14, 16, 18
- Seat Depth (Inches): 9-14, 11-16, 13-18, 15-20
- Seat Back Height (Inches): 23, 22, 22, 21.5
- Seat to Footrest (Min/Max Inches): 11-13, 11-13, 12.5-14.5, 10-16
- Seat to Floor (Inches - Based on Seat Depth): 23.5, 26, 26, 23
- Seat to Back Angle (Degrees): 90-95, 90-95, 90-95, 90-95
- Tilt (In Degrees from Vertical): 5-45, 5-45, 5-45, 5-45
- Headrest Extension (Inches): 8, 8, 8, 8
- Shoulder Strap Height (From seat to eyelets in Inches): 8.5-20, 9.5-19.5, 10-20, 12.5-18.5
- Overall Width (Inches): 21.5, 24.3, 25.5, 26
- Overall Height (Inches): 44.5, 45.5, 45.5, 44.5
- Overall Length (Inches): 36.5, 39, 42.5, 41.5
- Weight of Chair Standard Model (W/O Front Rigging in lbs): 34, 37, 41, 45
- Weight Capacity (Regular / Transit) lbs: 75/66, 100/100, 170/170, 250/170
- Foldable: Yes
- Frame Warranty: Lifetime
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
RAISED TLT SEAT 5" -RETAIL (NOVA Medical Products)
$31.95 - $64.95
INVACARE COMFORT SLING- NET FABRIC (Invacare®)
$235.00 - $250.00
SINGLE RELEASE WALKER (Invacare®)
ALANTE SPORT COMPACT POWER CHAIR (Golden Technologies)
LC-250 ESSENTIAL COLLECTION (Pride)
LC-358XL HERITAGE COLLECTION (Pride)
THERA-MED GEL BEAD JOINT WRAP (Thera-Med)
CONVOLUTED FOAM COMFORT RING (NOVA Medical Products)
ORBIT® PATIENT TRANSFER LIFT (EZ Access)
TROTTER MOBILITY CHAIR (Wenzelite Rehab)
1 item added to your cart.
Item in Cart: 1
CONVAID SAFARI - TILT-IN-SPACE WHEELCHAIRSManufacturer: Convaid
Fill out your contact information to request information on this product, or contact us at the number below.
Phone: (301) 918-0200
Send To A Friend
* Listed shipping rates are calculated on this item alone, which may not apply if you have additional items in your cart. You may change your shipping preferences at any time by proceeding to your shopping cart.